Information here is to assist members to
- provide advice and feedback to the National Committee (and various Sub-committees and working parties)
- volunteer for a range of tasks, working parties and sub-committees
so we have a vibrant and growing association.
Also as non-profit association owned by its members, the National Committee aims to ensure that
- its operations are transparent and accountable to members.
- must be based on what is in our CCN Inc Consititution.
See: Part 2 – Membership below
- are outlined in Membership Requirements
- related information can be found in our CCN association business
- information can be found in Home > Celebrants > Join CCN
- To oversight the direction of the CCN Inc in accordance with its Consititution
- To vote at the Annual General Meeting on matters that affect the CCN Inc.
- To raise matters with the CCN National Committee via CCN Forums or contacting the CCN National Committee via its Secretary or any Committee Member.
Prospective members join through the CCN Celebrant Shop or the AEC Subscription system.
Each membership plan outlines the Requirements of the CCN Consititution in the Product details.
IMPORTANT: By ordering and paying for a CCN Inc Celebrant Membership you are declaring
- you are or have been an Authorised Marriage Celebrant - please supply your Authorisation number, or
- you have completed a course in funeral celebrancy, if applying for a funeral listing - please state which and supply evidence of this, or
- you are enrolled in a course in celebrancy, if applying for Student Membership - please state which and supply evidence of this, or
- you do not have formal training, but consider you have the skills and experience to offer the celebrancy services being applied for, and wish special consideration from the CCN Inc Committee
- you support CCN Inc objectives including marriage equality, the role of professional independent celebrants, and the role of civil celebrations in upholding civil and human rights.
Note: You are asked to supply your Authorisation number or state details of your training
and if required, be prepared to supply evidence of that. Alternatively contact us if you wish special consideration from the CCN Inc Committee.
A CCN Inc is a national community based association, Annual General Meetings are held online over a 24 hour period to enable all members to participate and vote.
REFERENCE CCN INC Constitution:
2.2 Membership Categories
There are three categories of CCN Incorporated membership.
2.2.1 Full membership
(a) CCN Inc Full Members are independent self-employed Civil Celebrants (eg marriage, family, funeral or community).
(b) CCN Inc Full membership requires the applicant to:
(i) be or have been an authorised marriage celebrant of the Commonwealth of Australia; and/or
(ii) have satisfactorily completed a course of study in celebrancy relevant to services offered (marriage, funeral or general celebrancy); and/or
(iii) have equivalent level of expertise as approved by CCN Inc Committee.
(iv) provide evidence of (i) and/or (ii) and/or (iii) as required by the CCN Inc National Committee.
(c) CCN Inc Full Members need to meet membership qualifications and thus will have voting rights at AGM and special meetings, and if so elected, at Committee meetings.
2.2.2 Student celebrant membership
(a) CCN Inc Student Celebrant members are applicants who are:
(i) enrolled in a course of study in celebrancy; and
(ii) can provide evidence of (i) as required by the CCN Inc National Committee.
(b) Student Celebrant membership will give the Student Celebrant Members access to CCN Inc Members Only Information Sections and Forums, but not Directory Listings until they meet the requirements for Full Celebrant membership.
(c) CCN Inc Student Celebrant Members need to meet membership qualifications for Student Celebrants but they will not have voting rights at AGM and special meetings, nor will they be able to be elected to Committee meetings.
2.2.3 Affiliate Membership
(a) Affiliate members are:
(i) individuals who support the above aims; or
(ii) individuals representing organizations that support the above aims.
(b) CCN Inc Affiliate Celebrant Members need to meet membership qualifications for Affiliate Celebrants but they will not have voting rights at AGM and special meetings, but they will be able to be elected to Committee meetings.
(c) The purpose of the CCN Inc having Affiliate Members is to bring broader expertise to the development and functioning of the CCN Inc. and to enable members of the Australian community who support principles of democratic governance, civil and human rights to have input into and support the objectives of the CCN Inc.
(d) Suitable mechanisms will be made available via web based and other electronic means, for the active involvement of both groups of membership to interact with each other for the positive achievement of the CCN Inc Objectives.