Being a celebrant is continuing journey of developing knowledge and skills to serve our communities.
Many of the rites of passage, that were marked by ceremonies, were celebrated in times past by religious celebrants.
The move away from strict religious faiths and observances in the last century and the increase in the multi-cultural nature of Australia, means many families are left with just the "desert" (food and drinks) and no "main course" (ceremony) in the special occasions they celebrate.
Professional civil celebrants therefore are increasingly needed to bring more meaning to these occasions in the form of well planned and delivered ceremonies or celebrations.
In many ways, celebrants are "self-employed family and community workers" or "celebrants in private practice".
Given the influx of new marriage celebrants into the Australian community, now is the time for each celebrant to assess their role and future as celebrants.
What is your motivation?
- Do you love being involved in celebrations?
- Do you want to be of service to your community?
- Do you see celebrancy as a career that needs the same, or if not more, training, planning and review as any other full time career or profession?
- Do you want or need to make a part-time or full-time income from celebrancy?
- Do you want or need to work for the next ten years ?
New and longer term celebrants have an opportunity now to pioneer the next stage of celebrancy.
- Civil celebrants have been providing "Hatchings, Matchings and Dispatchings" for quite a few years now.
- However other ceremonies need much more development and promotion in our communities.
- To do this well, we need a common vision and message to our communities.
The modern civil celebrant needs to see themselves as the FAMILY celebrant, not as a celebrant providing unrelated ceremonies to a range of ad hoc customers.
- This CCN website has been developed by celebrants to give other celebrants, who share this vision, the opportunity to work together to promote a variety of celebration opportunities.
- This website's software was chosen so celebrants could give input - via our Forums, Blogs, Stories, News etc.
- For creating new ceremonies and celebration opportunities will be a win:win for all concerned.