Civil Celebrations Network is developing a number of services and resources especially for Funeral Celebrants, Memorial Celebrants and Celebrants for all occasions.
CCN's primary strategy works with the aim of having its CCN celebrants known before the need for a funeral.
- 50 years ago families did not ask the undertaker who could do their funeral ceremony
- Families had their 'family celebrant' - their minister or priest.
- As our society has become more secular, civil celebrants have been slowly taking up these ceremonial roles.
- But not with a clear aim of being the "family" celebrant - to be there for a family's other significant events, so when a family funeral is needed - you, THE family's celebrant, will be the one they turn to (not the funeral company)
- To strenghten this aim, celebrants need to
- aim to be "their" celebrant for as many significant events as possible - and if you want funeral work, targeting the more senior age group makes sense.
- add pre-funeral planning to their list of celebrancy related services
- network in their local communities to become known, especially by the 60+ age groups.
Did you know?
• over the last 20 years, the rate of weddings has not changed in Australia
• the number of older people in the population will double in next 50 years
• for the last 25 years the number of funerals has increased at 1% annually every year
• the baby boomers will continue to turn 60 until 2023 and 70 in 2033
• the number of people aged 85 years or over has doubled in last 20 years
• Australia's population will increase by another third in the next 40 years
• there are 33 other possible ceremony options to each wedding possibility
What can CCN offer you?
Funeral Listings in our Civil Celebrations Directory
A Loss and Grief section of the website for the general public to be better informed about their funeral options
- Make suggestions about content for this section
- Submit suitable articles to this section and be acknowledged as author
CCN Member's Only Funeral section of the website
- Access this Member's Only section for ideas and tips
Party With A Purpose
- Sponsor a charity or non-profit - suitable for your funeral work
- Add your sponsorship on your website
- Encourage others to sponsor a PWAP charity or non-profit directory listing
- Another way to "value add" and offer "unique points of difference" for CCN funeral celebrants
Celebrant Forum - Members Only
- Be active on our Members Only forum
Submit Blogs - members are acknowledged on their published blogs
Contact us if you need more information.