Being a civil celebrant requires us to be professional and knowledgeable about all aspects of our career. This includes occupational health and safety issues, and the risks associated with our work.
There are risks associated with celebrancy.
- For example: someone falling over our briefcase, our PA falling on someone, not meeting all the legal conditions in our wedding ceremonies.
- CCN inc recommends all celebrants have Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance Cover.
Is all celebrant insurance cover the same?
No. There are major differences between types of insurance and the levels of cover. Some are higher risk than others.
Individual and Group insurance are the two main types to consider.
- Individual insurance is where the full amount covered is only for the one person who takes out the cover
- Group Insurance is where the full amount covered is shared by all the people on the group policy.
Thus Individual insurance cover is a lower risk than Group insurance cover, especially in groups where there are a large number of people covered. Some associations have very high numbers of celebrants covered on one policy so it is worth checking the details.
CCN membership gives you access to excellent low cost individual insurance options as detailed below.
CCN enables its members to choose the level of insurance cover that they need. Members can select whether or not to include group insurance in their membership package. So if you already have insurance elsewhere, you can choose not to pay for group insurance with CCN when you join or renew.
Civil Celebrations Network (CCN) Inc, as a member of the Coalition of Celebrant Associations (CoCA) Inc, is now able to offer members group or individual insurance:
- Celebrant GROUP Insurance at $30 pa - you can select this option as part of your membership package
- INDIVIDUAL Professional Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance - with a discount of $30
- normally $129 pa but to CCN Members just $99. This Individual Insurance is an excellent deal