Make this your highest priority in choosing your celebrant . . . because
- you want the best for that special occasion - it can never be repeated!
- you want to ensure all the legal requirements are met
- the Australian way is different to (and we think better than) the UK or American way of celebrating a marriage, funeral or any other major life event!
- CCN Inc is a member of Australia's peak celebrant body CoCA -The Coalition of Celebrant Associations - recognised in government protocol by the Commonwealth Attorney-General's Department
- CoCA associations work together to raise the standards of celebrants delivering marriage and other ceremonies to the Australian public
- CCN Inc promotes and supports marriage equality and celebrant equality - one law without religious or other discrimination for all couples and their celebrants
A professional civil celebrant in private practice
- is a member of a professional celebrant association
- cares about the quality of the service they provide, whether they work part-time or full-time as a professional celebrant
- stays up to date with legal changes that can affect your lives in the future
- carries the full legal responsibility under law for the documentation, witnessing and registration of marriage ceremonies.
- is part of a network of other professional celebrants that can be called upon should they have a serious accident or illness
- gathers ideas from their celebrant colleagues to expand the range of ceremony options and inclusions to make sure your family's celebration needs are met
- spends extra time in researching, designing and preparing your personalised ceremony - the ceremony on the day is only the 'tip of the iceberg' of what you are paying for
- pays extra to ensure they can offer you a broad range of ceremony inclusions without breaking copyright laws
- pays extra to ensure they have up-to-date quality equipment and other resources
- pays extra to meet council and other venues operating conditions
- does ceremonies other than weddings to continue to build their ceremonial experience and expertise.
Always make sure that you choose a professional civil celebrant who belongs to a celebrant association.
There are ways to keep the costs of your celebration down and still afford a professional celebrant!