Because Mothers give of themselves in so many ways.
Give a Mothers’ Day Gift that is special and unique!
Within the very busy and time poor world of today, seldom do we take the time to honour some of the vital and important ‘things and people’ in our everyday lives.
True we celebrate Birthdays, Christmas, Weddings, and so on, but when it comes to expressions of love and gratitude to certain people, especially our parents, and particularly our Mothers . . . we are inclined to fall into the ‘commercial trappings’ . . . for up until now, there have been few alternative options.
The Civil Celebrations Network – CCN has an initiative for Mother’s Day – a personalised and meaningful ceremony and celebration to honour your Mother, Mother-in-law, Grandmother, Great-grandmother, Foster Mothers, “Adopted” Mother…. in fact it can be any woman who has fulfilled that important role of ‘mothering’ in your life.
Ceremonies allow us to take time out to reflect, to praise, to uphold and convey our expressions of deep gratitude and love. From the small and intimate to the large, traditional or alternative, a professional civil celebrant will work with you in providing a Memorable Mother’s Day.
Civil Celebrations Network (CCN) suggests Mother’s Day provides a wonderful opportunity for all Australians to use ceremony to:
- honour the “mothering” role and its importance
- focus on the responsibilities of motherhood
- thank those women who are our mothers, or who have provided a ‘mothering’ presence in our lives, and
- pay tribute to those women who are no longer with us, but whose influence still is embedded in the fabric of our being.
Celebrate with ceremony…..we offer a unique range of personal and community ceremonies for all occasions.
There are three major ways such ceremonies could be held:
- Thank You To Mother ceremony – For individual mothers or grandmothers. Organised by the family engaging an independent civil celebrant to coordinate and deliver a ceremony as a combined gift
- Thank You To Mothers ceremony – For groups of mothers – Organised by service clubs, non-profit and other organisations hiring a independent civil celebrant to coordinate and deliver the ceremony as both a gift to those present and/ or as a fund-raising event
- Mothering Memorial Ceremony – For groups of children and grandchildren of mothers, grandmothers and great grandmothers who have died. Organised by independent civil celebrants. Profits from donations from attendees to be given to a specific charity or non-profit association whose primary aims are to support women with children.
These personalised “Thank You To Mothers” ceremonies conducted by civil celebrants are a relatively new concept. CCN invites you to work with us in suggesting or developing suitable:
for Australian ceremonies and celebrations.
Contact us if this topic interests you