What about those mothers, grandmothers and others who have mothered and who have died, yet live on in our thoughts and hearts?
You may add your Tribute to Your Mother in our In Memory Of section.
- What did you appreciate about her ?
- What treasured memory about her, do you hold dear ?
Entries in this section are free - so ignore any requests for payment.
You will need to register, observe the Terms & Conditions with copyright, maintain a certain level of privacy as regards personal information, and wait for your entry to be approved. Contact us if you need more information.
“Mothers Day Memorial ceremonies”
Civil Celebrations Network (CCN) encourages independent professional civil celebrants to hold community based Mothers Day Memorial ceremonies to:
- honour the “mothering” role and its importance
- focus on the responsibilities of motherhood
- thank those women who are our mothers, or who have provided a ‘mothering’ presence in our lives, and
- pay tribute to those women who are no longer with us, but whose influence still is imbedded in the fabric of our being.
“Mothers Day Memorial” Ceremonies are for groups of children and grandchildren of mothers, grandmothers great grandmothers who have died.
CCN also suggest any profits from donations from attendees could be given to a specific charity or non-profit association whose primary aims are to support women with children.
There are as any many different ways of designing a Memorial Ceremony as there are celebrants and people to work with them.
CCN celebrants can work with you and your family or community group to design a ceremony that meets your needs