Find a celebrant - Making your listing work for you!
Title Tags - It ihas been reported that these have been increased to 70–71 characters, which is up from its previous 50–60 characters. That’s at least enough to fit in another word or two. But play it safe and make the most of the first 50-60 characters. (NB Microsoft Word, under Tools gives the ability to count charaters and words)
Meta descriptions The meta description is a ~160 character snippet - a tag in HTM L- that summarizes a page’s content.
This is approximately 25 words.
Search engines show the meta description in search results mostly when the searched for phrase is contained in the description.
Optimizing the meta description is a very important aspect of on-page SEO.
Meta-descriptions are most important.
How will you be found, if people do not know you, or that you are a celebrant?
Research shows that people search mostly by :
- celebrant, civil celebrant, marriage celebrant, wedding celebrant. naming celebrant, funeral celebrant,
coupled with a location such as
- Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Wollongong, Southern Highlands, Hunter, Bathurst etc., and
- personal characteristics eg experienced. male.
- and perhaps, type of ceremony
In a google search, the meta-description is the first two lines in black under the Search Results heading and web address.
- This sentence helps encourage the viewer to choose one listing over another.
- Make yours sound interesting to the people you want to contact you.
- See the results for searching "celebrant wagga" - see the words in bold that the search is locating to give better ranking.
Examples of Meta-descriptions:
Another example may be:
Mary is a young, experienced and friendly Marriage Celebrant based in Sydney. She has performed over 200 weddings and is approachable,
- create a Meta-description from the following fields
.... and using the following linking words (or words to that effect) such that:
Inviting description - a female, experienced, friendly, warm, funny, ?
is a [type of celebrant] [celebrant]
in the [Areas serviced/ located] / [Towns/Suburbs Serviced] or for (a couple of Major Towns)
and if space - offering [Ceremonies / services possible]
- use this summary in your Meta-description box for your CCN celebrant entry
- then include these words and phases scattered in your entry text in
- Celebrant background
- Why i am a celebrant
- Treasured memories
- and i would like to say
- other description / text boxes in other directory entries
- Celebrant background
The CCN directory entries makes sure you are reminded to include this information by specifically having separate items in the list for:
- type of celebrant
- location - area /s
- towns (as many as possible - even though this is not published - it is used in the CCN search function)
“Keywords” are currently not used by Google or the other search engines to calculate search rankings any more, so one does not need to put too much effort in to them. But they can be useful in our CCN website when people search here
It is best to keep it to a small number of keywords or phrases - maximum 8.
NB there are only 140 characters available in our CCN Software.
- We suggest: types of celebrant, main towns or suburbs,ceremonies ie things you think a prospective client ( who does not know you) may put in our SEARCH function box in the directory
- use your meta-description summary as the basis for Keywords
- edit with a comma and space between words and phrases and copy into your Meta-Keywords box.
For example: experienced, friendly, Civil Marriage Celebrant, Naming Celebrant, Funeral Celebrant, weddings, Southern Highlands, Bowral,
In the CCN directories, there are several ways you can be found
- via a Search Function module on the Home page
- via Regional Areas
- via an extended Directory Search
How easily you will be found will depend on your
- Meta Description and
- Meta Keywords
- Plus all the other information you provide
This is the case even then some will not be hidden from the public - they are set as searchable fields.
Tip: Create your text in a Draft Email or Word Document, so you can copy and paste what you want to put there. This will save time.
CCN Mini Website
- If you do not have a website, your CCN Directory Entry can be your MINI- WEBSITE.
NB. You can purchase a domain name for less that $20 pa and have your domain reverted to your CCN entry.
No reason why any CCN member cannot have personal website address on their business cards and other internat advertising!
For more information: contact us